Re: Can I become a Debian package maintainer, how?

Le Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:05:07AM +0000, Sune Vuorela a écrit :
> On 2008-12-20, schoappied <schoappied@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I work with Debian now for a few years. And I like to help the project
> > and also learn more about it...
> > Can I become a Debian package maintainer, how? I'm especially interested
> > in software for making music...
>
> Try contact the multimedia packaging team.
>
> Maintainer: Debian Multimedia Team <debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org>

Hi,

you can also find more information on the Debian wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

I recommend you to join a team for structuring your contributions to Debian.
Your time is precious. In a team, you can benefit from the experience of the
other members in order to decide where your work will be the most useful. In
particular, if you consider working on a package that looks unmaintained, I
recommend to think twice whether it would not be better to remove the package
rather than fixing its bugs.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy