Re: Can I become a Debian package maintainer, how?

schoappied <schoappied@gmail.com> writes:

> I work with Debian now for a few years. And I like to help the project
> and also learn more about it...

Thanks for your interest!

> Can I become a Debian package maintainer, how? I'm especially
> interested in software for making music...

One of the smoothest paths to improving Debian and becoming a
contributing maintainer is to choose a Debian package that you use
yourself, and begin fixing some of its bugs in the bug tracking system
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/>.

This will be of direct benefit and, since you will be working with the
existing maintainers, will also start to teach you about how Debian
packages are maintained collaboratively.

--
 \           “Are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think so |
  `\      Brain, but what if we stick to the seat covers?” —_Pinky and |