Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Hi,

Bastian Venthur wrote:
What I see *now* is that the freezes during the last two and the current
release are getting longer and longer (~1,5 months, ~4 months and for
Lenny at least 5 months). For me this seems to be a serious problem we
should not ignore. Important software is outdated in unstable and
current hardware doesn't work anymore without resorting to grab packages
from experimental or unofficial sources.

how about splitting the frozen phase into soft and hard with soft preceding hard?

during soft freeze any changes can be made as long as no new RC bugs get introduced, and during hard freeze is what happens today.

Kind regards
--
-- Dionysios Kalofonos