Re: Packages still depending on GTK+ 1.2

> GTK+ 1.2 has been deprecated upstream for 6 years. There is no security
> support for it, and no new applications using it have been out for quite
> a long time as well.
>

> Here is a first list of packages that could either be removed right now
> because they seem to have replacements, or updated with little work. If
> there are no objections, I think we should ask for removal of all of
> those which don’t have a GTK+ 2 version.
>

> Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org>
>    zangband
>  => yay, a rogue game

zangband has features not present in other rogue clones, namely an
outdoor wilderness environment connecting different towns and different
dungeons.

The chief charm of the rogue clones is their beautiful ascii animation.
To my mind the gtk interface is a step backwards which defeats the
point of these dumb but addictive little games.

There is no need to remove zangband, we can simply drop the gtk build
instead if required.

Drew