Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 09:57:15PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:41:58 +0000
> Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> > > It's called research.
> >
> > It's called manners.
>
> Yes, manners relating to actually thinking whether the idea has been
> considered before and typing something into Google? How hard is that?  Manners
> involves consideration for others - that includes what is likely to have
> happened before some arbitrary point in time and considering that people more
> knowledgeable than yourself may just have considered the problem at some point
> before you became aware of the problem, maybe?

Of course! I'm not going to argue with that. However, just because one person
has made a faux pas, does not give blanket permission for other people to follow
suit. This inevitably causes a chain reaction of rudeness and flames. As a
community, we would do well to be a little more tolerant of others, and that
includes their mistakes.