Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Bastian Venthur wrote:
>Holger Levsen schrieb:
>
>> I find it very strange to see people complaining about the long freeze,
>> instead of working on making it shorter.
>
>I actually made a suggestion how to avoid a freeze in unstable, since
>looking at the length of the freeze times of the last two releases and
>the current one it seems that this model doesn't scale very well.
>
>I'm not going around, telling people "hurry up, fix your bugs so we can
>release!" I know that it will take a certain time to fix the current
>number and that's ok. I just don't want unstable to be frozen during
>this time.

I'm curious - why do you think that our process can't scale for fixing
bugs and releasing? There's plenty of scope for more people to join in
and help fix them. Many people have, in fact, done so. I have a great
deal of sympathy for Holger's attitude - an important part of Debian
for me is achieving releases and I'd *hope* that most people would
agree with that.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra