Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

On 16/12/08 at 19:15 +0100, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 18:07 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > "clear that most people don't work on RC bugs instead of working on their
> > packages": I don't have any data on that, it's mostly based on
> > perception. Let's try to gather data on something relevant:
> >
> > Number of distinct posters per month on debian-bugs-rc@lists.d.o:
> > 200801 944
> > 200802 997
> > 200803 1390
> > 200804 1238
> > 200805 1070
> > 200806 1013
> > 200807 1068
> > 200808 1032
> > 200809 975
> > 200810 946
> > 200811 724
> > 200812 401 (partial results, obviously)
> >
> > So, the number of people working on RC bugs has significantly decreased
> > since the beginning of the freeze.
>
> Or there are fewer and fewer bugs in Lenny ?

You might not be aware that debian-bugs-rc@ includes bugmail for all RC
bugs, not just lenny's. Also, it's true that there are fewer RC bugs in
lenny, but they are likely to be harder to fix, thus requiring more
discussion.

> Or have we returned to [winter|regular] bug rate ?

2007 doesn't exhibit a similar behaviour.