Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 02:21:09PM +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:

> I think this question is nonsense. While the bug-fix rate was more or
> less the same since the last two releases,

What was the bug-fix rate for the last two releases?  I thought that the
bug fix rate for etch was faster than the rate for sarge.  I also
thought that we've been fixing them faster during this freeze than
during etch.

> it looks like in this release
> we actually started the freeze with much more RC-bugs than before. So it
> was foreseeable that the freeze will take longer this time. We can't
> solve the problem by fixing bugs faster (that won't work anyways).

Why won't fixing bugs faster work?

stew