Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Hi,

On Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I agree. It's clear that most people don't work on RC bugs instead of
> working on their packages: during freezes, they just stop working on
> Debian, since it's judged socially incorrect to work on one's packages
> in unstable or experimental during the freeze.
>
> We should really think of ways to allow people to continue improving
> unstable during freezes, while making sure that this doesn't affect the
> release (ie, lower buildd priority for unstable packages, for example).

Besides what Neil said, I disagree with your conclusion. IMO we should make
more people work on finishing the release, so that we then all can move on in
unstable.

That some people are not interested in making the release happen, is a real
problem IMO. We shouldnt encourage such behaviour ;-)

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: /me throws in a "herding cats" and "we are all volunteers" for
completion.