Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Le Tuesday 16 December 2008 14:55:29 Didier Raboud, vous avez écrit :
> > I think that the three existing flavours of debian already provide more
> > than is needed to offer comfort for both users with stability needs and
> > users with desire for new software.
>
> Actually, I would agree if you consider the 4th flavour: experimental.
>
> Just to name some important ones which are only there: OpenOffice.org,
> amarok, openjdk, vlc, wine, samba. The list is ever-growing (during the
> freeze).
>
> Having the latest OO.o is more than confort…

Honnestly, this discussion takes place at every freeze.

First of all, you probably should propose such thing *after* the release, not
now.

Secondly, I'm still wondering what new arguments were brought here. For
instance, if you want to do a serious proposal, you probably could come up
with links to previous discussions on the topic, and explain how that changed
and how your point differs from the point already mentioned in the previous
discussions.

Until then, I don't really see the point in discussing this...

Romain