Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> (15/12/2008):
> Some suggest to cherry pick packages from experimental, but first some
> packages like the kernel aren't even available there and second,

AFAICT since kernel people are already busy with getting the kernel in
shape for lenny. Not because of some classification. IMHO, IANAKM, etc.

> since experimental is not part of the unstable > testing > stable
> flow, it has the aura of
> sandbox/playground/if-your-box-breaks-its-your-own-fault.

So is unstable. Or even testing, to a lower extent.

> And officially we don't even recommend using unstable, aren't we? So
> for me that argument is invalid.

Which argument?

Mraw,
KiBi.