Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

Neil McGovern schrieb:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 08:50:46PM +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>> Stefano Zacchiroli schrieb:

>>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/12/msg00005.html
>>>
>> ... appeared there roughly 30 mins after my question. Given the
>> controversy of this GR and the short voting period, I hope this was just
>> a mistake.
>>

> Not a mistake, the secretary is in transit at the moment and away from
> their GPG key. I posted it to d-d-a as soon as I woke up and saw a
> message asking me to.

Sorry, I didn't meant to say, that it was your fault. In fact I was a
bit astonished to see that you posted the mail on -announce since this
used to be Manoj's job.

Anyways, announcing the vote roughly 12h *after* the vote has begun (or
1/14th of the voting period itself if I'm not mistaken) on the only list
every DD is obliged to read is very negligent in my opinion. I think in
the real world that would be enough reason to undo the whole vote or at
least restart it.

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org