Re: Packages still depending on GTK+ 1.2

On Friday 05 December 2008, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> GTK+ 1.2 has been deprecated upstream for 6 years. There is no security
> support for it, and no new applications using it have been out for quite
> a long time as well.

<snip/>

> Cheers,

Why not remove the -dev packages first.  That way no package can be
rebuilt or upgraded (it must be ported to the new version of the library)
but users can continue to use the binaries until the library is finally
removed.  This way it would be obvious which packages need to be worked
on.

I realise that this would break the build-depends, but I suppose it is meant
to.

David