Re: Packages still depending on GTK+ 1.2

Morten Kjeldgaard dijo [Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 09:49:09PM +0100]:
> >. Should we keep obsolete, deprecated,
> >abandoned software forever?
>
> No, certainly not forever. Nobody has suggested keeping GTK+ 1.2 forever.

But... There will always be a little tail of tools wanting it. We will
have to drop those tools at some point in time.

> >Hmmm... Sounds like an argument for porting Debian to the C64.
>
> It's great if you can present your own arguments, and I'd like to
> understand what your position is. Please stop exaggerating and
> ridiculing my POV.  It's a dumb rhetorical trick that populist
> politicians use ad infinitum but it does not belong in this
> community.

Yes... Sorry, I recognize my sarcastic tone, and would love to edit it
back in my ~3min-old post. It is... Our standard flamish attitude ;-)
(no offence meant to people from the Netherlands) But still, I hope
you can unearth my true motivation from under my sarcasm, and discard
what's worthless in my message.

I think I have answered to the rest of your mail in other posts.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23