Re: Packages still depending on GTK+ 1.2

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:24:13 -0500
Barry deFreese <bdefreese@debian.org> wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> > <snip>
> > Barry - PLEASE do not continue with the request for sponsorship of
> > gtkglarea.
> >
> > <snip>
> Neil,
>
> My apologies but I just uploaded it.  It still has a few r(b)depends:

.... and will still be removed if libgtk1.2 is finally removed. The
list of reverse dependencies make no difference - those depend on
libgtk1.2 and would need to either migrate or be removed.

Not sponsoring the upload was a chance to further the goal of removing
gtk1.2 - it was an opportunity that has now been missed. The objective
remains the same.

> Sorry,
>
> Barry deFreese

Has my response changed your opinion of gtkglarea in Debian? You could
always join the calls for packages depending on gtkglarea to migrate to
libgtkgl2.0 and thereby support the removal of gtk1.2 and glib1.

--

Neil Williams