Re: Packages still depending on GTK+ 1.2

Barry deFreese wrote:

OK, I have looked at several of these and man what a mess.
<snip>
Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>
   gnome-libs
Orphaned but obviously tons of r(b)depends.
   gtkfontsel
Orphaned but a fairly significant popcon. I can't find new upstream source. Could probably be ported or RM:d.

   gtkglarea
Orphaned and I can't find any upstream source yet but again lots of r(b)depends.
   imlib
Orphaned and LOTS of r(b)depends.
   netdude
ITA'd. There is a new upstream available. I've pinged the ITAer to see if the new upstream is GTK 2.0.
   sqlrelay
Some of the binaries have decent popcons. We could probably either port sqlrelay-config-gtk or just remove that binary for now.
   stegdetect

RM: filed.

Is this really feasible? How many people are going to work on dead packages? Or if we RM: the lot of them, how many users are we pissing off?

Thanks,

Barry deFreese