Re: NEW processing

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 08:48:20PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:

> Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Still, I don't think we need to bring in that unknown $user, I think this
> > thread is more about some impatient DDs sitting and waiting for their package
> > to enter the archive.
>
> What about encouraging those impatient folks (please don't be just exclusive to
> DDs) to track down (at times from mentors.d.n) the source package and review it
> themselves. Any finding should be notified to the maintainer and CCed to
> ftpmasters so that they can REJECT the package if deserved, helping out instead
> of just pestering.

How do you track that down?
http://wnpp.debian.net/?type[]=ITP&project=&description=&owner[]=yes&owner[]=no&col[]=dust&col[]=type&col[]=description&col[]=installs&col[]=owner&col[]=reporter&sort=project

No quick way to get that information from here.
Picking three random ITPs:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=351594 (ITP: chocolate-doom)
Bug reports points to http://debian.halfcoded.net/ . Packages are still
there. Last modified: Dec 2007.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=455759 (ITP: crystal)
Points to debian-mentors, but only at the end of the report.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=457230 (ITP: glest-indians)
No information about a package.