Re: NEW processing

Le Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:24:07AM +0100, Holger Levsen a écrit :

> also, as far as I know, the ftp-team is still looking for new members, it's
> just that not many people want to do the work. (last time they called, only 4
> people replied, out of which 2 became ftp-assistents. pretty good, IMNSHO)

Hello everybody

In the Debian Med team we are still in exponential growth phase and use the NEW
queue a lot. For this reason I feel we have the duty of contribute some time to
this process. I proposed a peer review system to improve the quality of
debian/copyright in the packages submitted to the queue, but this does not
remove the need of a check by the person(s) who will take the real
responsability for the distribution of the packages.

I would like to help for the review or the packages of the NEW queue. I have
read the announcment of May about recruitment in the FTP team
(87r6bkiu85.fsf@vorlon.ganneff.de), but fail at multiple criterion: not a
programmer, not on IRC, not possible to give 5-10 hours per week. Is there a
workflow in which I could be helpful, for instance by focusing on the license
inventory and inspection?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy