Re: Free solutions for PDF annotations/shared reviews

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 01:14:02AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:19:42PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > That wasn't the point I was trying to make; I was asking a genuine
> > question about the status of evince (and would have been delighted
> > to have been pointed at a repo with experimental code I could try
> > out).
>
> Were you looking for http://svn.gnome.org?

No. I was looking for someone to say "You fool, that support is already
there inn the 'annotations' branch on svn.gnome.org" or some such. All
I've found about Evince annotations support is

http://live.gnome.org/Evince/Annotations

which has a lot of discussion, a pointer to some code from a SoC 2007
project but no indication as to whether the feature is expected to work
or not in it. I was hoping someone would be able to indicate if it was
worth my time trying out that code, or if there was somewhere
alternative to look.

Anyway, I'm probably hugely off topic now. If anyone has experience with
Free software and PDF annotations I'd love to hear about it, otherwise
I'll try to find some time to build up the SoC work and see what
happens.

J.