Re: SmellyWerewolf.com perfume & make-up discount

On Sun, Nov 23 2008, Noah Slater wrote:

        You are missing context.

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 03:17:09PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>>>         Since when have sexist remarks come under being "humour"? If you
>>>  think locker room conversations and objectification of women are funny,
>>>  I have certain wildly humorous put downs designed specifically for
>>>  people with just retrograde views (I did have a ekcertain reputaion for
>>>  flaming once upon a time). Would you also find it funny if I started
>>>  posting some of my more humourous put downs at you?
>>
>>Yes (I'd find it funny). That's what humour is.

>> hen you are a retrograde, beetle browed moron.

> Ah, the discussion has descended into name calling! Superb!

        No, the email is making a point.

        The point was, that most people doi not see put downs designed
 specifically for people with just retrograde views  as funny -- and
 thank you indeed for being a straight man for my punch line.

        This goes to people who think that sexist comments and put downs
 are funny -- the audience at large does not seem to think so. If you
 want further proof, just wait and see how many people flame me for
 demonstrating how the obnoxious comments are funny crowd is not anywhere
 close to a a significant segment of the list membership.

        manoj
--
Talk of revolution is one way of avoiding reality.  -- John Kenneth
Galbraith