Re: SmellyWerewolf.com perfume & make-up discount

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:35:10PM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2008/11/23 Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>:
> > On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 01:57:28PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>         Since when have sexist remarks come under being "humour"? If you
> >>  think locker room conversations and objectification of women are funny,
> >
> > Maybe I'm missing something. Which parts of the original email, specifically,
> > were sexist or objectifying of women?
>
> Are you serious in this? I thought we had already overcome that, but
> if you really mean it and it's not just trolling, we can start
> explaining it all again from the beginning, maybe it's needed after
> all.

Yes, very serious, and not trolling.

Please quote from the original email explaining to me how it is sexist.

Note, I am not saying it is not sexist, only that I can't see it. If you show
something to me that I have overlooked I am more than likely to say "aah, I see
now", but I genuinely don't see what the problem is. Was it the language used?
If so, how? The allusions made? If so, what allusions? The use of perfume or the
implication that Debian developers are male? If so, can you explain a little?