Re: call for seconds: on firmware

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> The proposers and sponsors of option 5 didn't propose this as an amendment
>> to the current GR.  Why should they have to *withdraw* the proposal in order
>> to get it considered separately at a later time?
>
>         They only need to do so to prevent it from being on the current
>  ballot.  I think it would be a pity of any of the 6 options is
>  withdrawn, since any of them could lend us relief from the current mess
>  wrt Lenny release.

Why?
The option was proposed as GR on it's own and it was seconded this way.
Even if I can see where you're coming from in merging it into the "current" GR,
that's not what was asked for. Do we now need a GR to tell the secretary that a
proposed and seconded GR should not be merged into other GRs?

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79