Re: screenshots.debian.net

<haas@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > Thumbnail (<= 160x120 pixels):
> >   http://screenshots.debian.net/thumbnail/PACKAGENAME
> >   (this URL returns a dummy thumbnail if no screenshot was found)
>
>   Just one quick question: will there eventually be support for
> different versions to have different screenshots?  Occasionally
> there's a big difference across versions, and users might want to
> see it.

There should be a way to select what screenshot you want. I'm saving the
version number along with the screenshot. So in theory I could tell which
one is for a newer version of the software than the other (although I'd
have to 'dpkg --compare-versions' because I couldn't think of an SQL
function to do that yet). But I wouldn't know which one was for Etch or
Lenny without some additional queries on data I don't have yet.

I'm open for suggestions. :)

 Christoph
--
A guess is just a guess until you turn it into a pie chart.
Then it's an analysis. (Scott Adams)