Re: screenshots.debian.net goes beta

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:

> So are we safe as long as we don't include non-free packages and claim that
> the screenshots are licensed under the terms of the application itself?
> IANAL and find that gibberish from your quoted posting pretty hard to
> understand. (It's hard enough to understand legal texts in my native
> language.)

In theory, yeah just main/contrib should be safe. There could be
issues with say, emulator screenshots showing non-free games or
Microsoft Office in wine, BeOS in qemu or a game in contrib with
non-free graphics or a game in main with a mod from outside Debian or
something.

The other thing is that for the purposes of screenshots.d.n the fair
use provisions in some jurisdictions might be enough, the PDF produced
by SPI legal counsel discusses this.

--
bye,
pabs