Re: Announcement: Debian Pure Blends news

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, Neil Williams wrote:

I was never particularly clear on why "Custom" was a bad name to use.

Actually "distribution" was the worst part of the old name.

Before we have another round of discussing names: Could everybody
who is really interested in the projects please have a look into
the paper[1] and see if they identify with the things described there.

IMHO Emdebian does not really fit into this.  To be a Debian Pure Blend
everything has to be inside (pure) Debian.  We just try to make sure
that people understand this fact.  If you would like to call Emdebian
a "Custom Debian Distribution" this is perfectly fine now because this
term is now not covered any more by a concept we are using which Emdebian
does not really fit into.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/blends/