Re: DFSG violations in Lenny: Summarizing the choices

Le samedi 08 novembre 2008 à 18:55 -0500, Theodore Tso a écrit :
> And as I said, I think we should let the DFSG hard-liners win.  Let's
> yank all of the binaries that require a firmware, and release Lenny
> as-is.  If that causes some users switch to some fork that actually
> has a kernel that works for them, given their hardware, or said users
> switch to Ubuntu, then so be it.  At least we'll stop flaming about
> the issue.

Why in the world would we do that when we have all that’s needed to
simply move the firmware images to non-free?

The only decision pending is whether we should delay the release to fix
this issue. Current discussions on -devel are mostly about why the
situation is as is, and how to interact with manufacturers.

So please go away with the kind of ideas that simply say “fuck off” to
our users.

Thanks,
--
 .''`.