Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

"Jeff Carr" <basilarchia@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 09:21, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> How can that be? (That is an ernest question)
>
> Because that's how the hardware works. If you are making a widget and
> you need a fpga or hybrid chip of any sort, then you generate a binary
> blob using the chip manufacturers tools.

So it seems to me that there actually is source: The input files for
"the chip manufacturer's tools". Isn't that correct?

Then the problem wouldn't be to provide the source, but to have free
tools available (and maybe the keys mentioned in some other mail).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)