Re: Should selinux be standard?

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:52:54PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Bastian Blank wrote:
> > Oh yeah. Do you intend to do the support?
> If it is not very functional by default, or it is but nobody is willing to
> support it, then it shouldn't be standard; that's the main point.

It changes the traditional behaviour of the system.

Would you really expect that executing a daemon (it was "named" in my
case) produces a different result than invoke-rc.d $daemon start?  This
cost me over one hour as bind lacks proper error messages in this code
path. And I heard too much whining by Fedora users on several
mailing-lists because of problems caused by the targeted selinux policy.

Bastian

--
Hailing frequencies open, Captain.