Re: Should selinux be standard?

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:48:46 +0200, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> said:

> Le dimanche 14 septembre 2008 à 12:40 +0200, Frans Pop a écrit :
>> I also feel that SeLinux is not sufficiently tuned for Debian. I
>> don't know what the exact current status is and what has changed
>> since Russell stepped in, but when I tried it last year a lot of
>> additional tuning was needed to get for example normal package
>> upgrades to run cleanly.

> Agreed. Either SELinux is suitable with our default setup and we
> should enable it by default to get all its alleged benefits, or it is
> not, and we should simply not install it.

        Since the new default policy seems to be working in targeted
 mode, I think we are doing fine.

> Currently, users who want SELinux need to enable it. If we add an
> apt-get to this, it’s not a real burden for them, while the gain is
> real for all others.

        Err, not really the case: the default policy seems to be working
 fine at level 1 (as defined by Russell), so comparing the situation now
 to that of early this year is not really valid.

        manoj
--
Having a wonderful wine, wish you were beer.