Re: Should selinux be standard?

Le dimanche 14 septembre 2008 à 12:40 +0200, Frans Pop a écrit :
> I also feel that SeLinux is not sufficiently tuned for Debian. I don't
> know what the exact current status is and what has changed since Russell
> stepped in, but when I tried it last year a lot of additional tuning was
> needed to get for example normal package upgrades to run cleanly.

Agreed. Either SELinux is suitable with our default setup and we should
enable it by default to get all its alleged benefits, or it is not, and
we should simply not install it.

Currently, users who want SELinux need to enable it. If we add an
apt-get to this, it’s not a real burden for them, while the gain is real
for all others.

--
 .''`.