Bug#497399: ITP: BOSS Presentation Tool -- BOSS Presentation Tool is a front end for keyjnote application. Keyjnote is a stylish presentation program that displays slideshows of pdf , directory containing images. In addition, BOSS Presentation can also be used to display the slide shows of odp, ppt or a pps document.
Owner: Prathibha <email@example.com>
* Package name : BOSS Presentation Tool
Version : 2.0-6
Upstream Author : Prathibha <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://192.168.31.126/boss/pool/main/b/boss-presentation-tool/
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: GTK+/C
Description : BOSS Presentation Tool is a front end for keyjnote application. This application is released with BOSS a GNU/Linux distribution. Keyjnote is a stylish presentation program that displays slideshows of pdf , directory containing images. In addition, BOSS Presentation Tool can also be used to display the slide shows of odp,ppt or a pps document.
KeyJnote is a stylish presentation tool by Martin Fiedler with cool eye-candy slide effects and some really useful features. Unfortunatly viewing these presentations is not as easy as creating them: KeyJnote only provides a command line interface for tuning its features.
BOSS Presentation Tool
For those, who prefer the graphical way, BOSS Presentation Tool is the right tool. It provides an easy-to-use frontend to KeyJnote. All important command line switches are exposed through the GUI.
BOSS Presentation includes a feature to convert ppt,odp,pps document format to pdf.So using BOSS Presentation Tool a pdf,ppt,pps,odp or a directory containing one or more images can be displayed as slideshows.
* python - 2.3,2.4 or 2.5
* python-opengl - OpenGL binding for Python
* python-pygame - SDL binding for Python
* python-imaging - the Python Imaging Library
* xpdf - for PDF rendering
* gs - Postscript interpreter for PDF rendering
* pdftk - A program for retrieving PDF metadata (e.g. page titles) (optional)
* libpoppler-glib2 - PDF rendering library(GLib-based shared library)
* libpoppler - PDF rendering library
* libgnome2-0 - The GNOME 2 library - runtime files
* libgnomeui-0 - The GNOME 2 libraries (User Interface) - runtime files
* libglade2-0 - library to load .glade files at runtime
-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.22-3-486
Locale: LANG=en_IN, LC_CTYPE=en_IN (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash