Re: Screenshots of GUI applications (again)

* Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [080722 17:27]:
> Before people submit dozens of screenshots all looking slightly
> different, I suggest first deciding on some standards, like making sure
> screenshots use the default GTK or Qt theme Debian uses.
>
> Also, we should probably include window decorations to not make the
> screenshot look funny (but exclude the rest of the user's desktop).  But
> then the question is, which WM to use and which theme?  Personally, I'd
> say use metacity's default blue theme, except for Qt apps, which could
> use the default KDE theme.

As I already said on irc, I think having standardized screenshots makes
people believe those are part of the window.

I'd rather see no decorations at all or some randomized WM used for each
image, so people see the decorations have nothing to do with the window.
(Perhaps with some exception if some program uses some shade of green
that clash with twm's window titles or things like that).

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link