Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:26:30AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 01:43:13PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > You can close Launchpad bugs in Ubuntu packages from Debian.  The "LP: ######"
> > syntax lets bugs get autoclosed when your package is synced to Debian, or
> > when it's merged by an Ubuntu developer.

> Very interesting, is it documented somewhere already? (for Debian
> purposes) I've looked in the wiki but I haven't found an obvious place
> where such an information should be put ...

In the Ubuntu wiki, there's
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuForDebianDevelopers> which is "intended to
provide practical information about Ubuntu specifically for Debian
developers."  I've just added a new section, "How can I indicate that a bug
filed in Ubuntu against one of my packages is fixed in Debian?" explaining
the changelog handling.

On the Debian side, I would suggest that an explanation be linked from
anywhere that the Ubuntu bugs themselves are displayed (e.g., in the PTS).