Re: status of default syslog daemon for lenny

[Jonas Meurer]
> Forwarding the mail to debian-devel. Are there any objections by
> developers against rsyslog as default syslog daemon?

No objection.  Just a small report that Debian Edu already switched to
rsyslog for our Lenny based version, and it seem to work just fine.
Because debootstrap claim sysklogd is needed, it is installed by
base-installer, and replaced automatically by tasksel when our tasks
are installed.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen