Re: Large data packages in the archive

* Joerg Jaspert:

> Any comments?

In the long term, I'd like to see a better CDN, so that such
considerations would magically disappear.

> Timeframe for this? I expect it to be ready within 2 weeks.

Oooh.  For a production-quality CDN, 2 years seem more reasonable.

I don't know the reason for this change.  If something needs to be done
about archive size, this may or may not be a reasonable approach,
depending on the amount of work required for implementation and the
actual savings in terms of main archive size.  But I feel like preaching
to the choir. 8-/