Re: Processed: tagging 480716

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 12:53 +0000, Michael Schutte wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 09:44:26PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Actually, that doesn't work if sent to quiet@bugs.debian.org - how *do*
> > I set tags on a bug in general without a message going to devel??
>
> I suppose that this is impossible for a reason.  If it weren’t, anyone
> could tag, reassign, and whatnot bugs without the maintainer of the
> package noticing the change.

True, but then why do we have quiet in the first place? Anyone can open
bug reports without notifying the maintainer - if the package already
has lots of bugs, would the maintainer notice +1 in the PTS or DDPO?
Anyone can post follow-up messages to nnn-quiet without the maintainer
knowing - the BTS confirmation just reminds the sender to notify the
maintainer some other way. Re-assigning isn't really prevented either -
a new quiet bug can always be filed, it's just that the old one isn't
affected. It's only tags and nnn-done that are not supported by quiet.

If it is just that 'quiet' supports what it does because that is all it
has needed to support so far, I'm fine with that. It just means I cannot
prevent those messages coming to -devel. I still need to process the
bugs.

--

Neil Williams