Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 01:24:13AM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > You're describing a situation where upstream is difficult or impossible
> > to communicate with. I can't solve that, nor can anyone except upstream.
>
>   Except that once again, upstream that would benefit from our system
> the most are those kind of upstreams, with very large sources, huge user
> base, huge bugs lists, and massive amounts of patches floating around.

This does not imply that such upstreams (which I agree are those who
would benefit most from the improvements being discussed) are using
systems hard to communicate with.

I get your word that KDE and glibc are in such a category, but we need a
bit of numbers before concluding that "large packages" implies "sucky
BTSs". Do you perhaps have some kind of evidence of this from bts-link?
(If this is so, it wasn't clear to me from the post I'm replying to.)

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/