Re: New README.source documentation for Debian packages

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:31:30 +0200, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> said:

> also sprach Benjamin Seidenberg <benjamin@debian.org> [2008.04.29.1535
> +0200]:
>> Full ACK. I'd also like to see one for dpatch. Possibly something
>> that can just be symlinked too.

> Not sure about just symlinking. I'd rather say it should be:

>   To use this package, you need to install dpatch.

dpatch would be a build-dep, so that would be redundant.  And if that
isn't enough, most people should be bright enough to figure it out once
you start telling them to look at /usr/share/doc/dpatch/... ;)

>   Once installed, please see /usr/share/doc/dpatch/...

Yes, I think it would be better to just have the README.source tell
people to look at /usr/share/doc/dpatch/...  This way, it's easy to add
any additional information that you might want to have.

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/