Re: NMU rules for security fixes (was: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads)

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Paul Wise wrote:
> I'd prefer the security team did not delay fixes at all by default.
> Exceptions for specific maintainers, transitions or other reasons
> are fine too of course.

For stable and testing, I agree. However, for unstable and
experimental the maintainer should be at least given a chance to
resolve the issue. [That is to say, I object to filing a bug and
immediately NMUing for unstable; in almost all cases the bug should be
a few days old before that happens.]

Don Armstrong

--
A Democracy lead by politicians and political parties, fails.