Re: Please think and test before setting a mailing list as "Maintainer:"

Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@tikei.de> writes:

> What about ordinary users who report bugs for packages with
> members-only Alioth lists as the Maintainer: address?

Those lists are configured inappropriately. The Maintainer email
address should accept email messages from anyonei, to avoid exactly
that problem. If that's a mailing list, the same applies.
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/PackagingProject#head-81024e1029fe37a8a12a7940ca799050f97bb275>

--
 \         "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, |
  `\     Brain, but if they called them 'Sad Meals', kids wouldn't buy |