Re: [Pkg-cups-devel] cupsddk - stolen WNPP - policy violation

Hello Martin,

Martin Pitt wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Patrick Ringl [2008-04-21  3:46 +0200]:
I am concerned about 'cupsddk' which recently passed NEW. On 25th of march I contacted pkg-cups for joining the team and working on cupsddk [1] since I am about to repackage 'splix' (a driver for samsung laser printers). Martin Pitt did not accept my request for NO reason and told me to work together with the Ubuntumaintainer of the package.

What? I was happy to see someone working on those in Debian and
welcomed you to join [1][2]. That hasn't changed, and I did not refuse
your request at all. I merely suggested that someone else already
packaged those, and it would make sense to look at the existing
package rather than doing everything from scratch again.

Where did I write that I refused your request??
You have not _explicitely refused it - but you didnt add me either. If you did in the first place I would have used Alioth's SVN repo tho. And to be honest - or rathe rin fact it does NOT make any sense, since the Ubuntupackage is more of a hack than a debian-like package - and even the one that just passed NEW is just the Ubuntupackage with some of the lintian-warnings fixed.
Martin,
who is slightly confused and thinks that there is a big
misunderstanding happening here

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-cups-devel/2008-March/005104.html
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-cups-devel/2008-March/005110.html

Could be that I have been a bit harsh in the first place, but I was disappointed and angry and felt of ignored by you in some way.

regards,
Patrick