Re: RFH: Multiarch capable toolchain as release goal

[Roger Leigh]
> If you do want to wait for permission/refusal, you might find you
> never get a reply and end up waiting forever.  So, why not wait long
> enough for a reply, say a fortnight, and then go ahead and hijack it
> after that if you have no response (and tell them in the mail that
> this is what you will do).

I agree that this is the way to handle such situations.  It is not
acceptable to be in a situation where one might need to wait
indefinitely, so a deadline for responses should be stated and the
resulting action that will be taken if no response is received should
be explained.  Silence should not be able to block progress.

But it is also a good idea to try to get a response, to avoid
confusion and potential conflicts.  I believe this is the reason the
hijack procedure states that one need to announce ones intention on
debian-devel@. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen