Re: Rejected: epcr_2.3.9-1.dsc: sha1 check failed

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, James Vega wrote:

that we have developers who can't pay
attention to debian-devel-announce.

... or rather who pay attention but are to stupid to parse it correctly
to obtain this very piece of information.  Feel free to call me stupid because
to failied to see a connection between the broken upload and the announcement.
This inability was probably amplified by the fact that I failed to upload
even two days _before_ the d-d-a announcement.

devscripts (and the debsign tool) is simply a convenience package and not
having an up-to-date version of the package does not prevent you from doing
your work.  You can just as easily run dpkg-buildpackage in a chroot to build
your packages and that has been generating proper signed .changes files the
entire time.

Agreed - provided I have nice friends who patiently explain in a way
that even people like me are able to understand.  I think it is better to
explain before such things happen.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--