Re: Should -dev packages providing .pc files depend on pkg-config?

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 07:58:44AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> Yes, in the simple case, you can just do this.  In the more complex
> case (which upstream might want to cater for), you need to use
> pkg-config.

No. Even in this case, I _don't_ need to use pkg-config. I just should
be able to parse the .pc file, but I can do that with my own tools
without calling pkg-config at all. It's the information inside the .pc
file that has importance, not the choice of the tool that parses the .pc
file.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences