Re: GnuPG: Maintainer inactive?

On 16/04/08 at 17:08 +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 04:49:50PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > There are rumours about that, yes. Maybe a package hijack could be
> > attempted by someone who's lucky enough to have his|her key in the
> > keyring.
>
> ... and still have it after that upload :-P

You are probably joking.

But if a member of a team with some special rights on the Debian
infrastructure (ab)used his/her rights to remove a key from the keyring,
or to prevent access to Debian resources, for no valid reason or without
a proper procedure, I'm sure that many developers would loudly protest
and wouldn't let that happen.