Re: Misc development news (#6) (DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> But I disagree that debian/rules is necessarily the place where it belongs.
> It looks like cruft/bad design to have the same snippet of code in all
> packages.

 Perhaps this should be fixed in another way then?  For example a shared
 Makefile included by all debian/rules (if they are a makefile :) -- ala
 cdbs, but with a simple documented interface such as documenting that
 this will set *FLAGS based on deb_build_opts.  e.g.
 /usr/share/dpkg/flags.mk with:
    CFLAGS += -Wall -g -O$(if $(findstring noopt,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)),0,2)

--
Loïc Minier