RFH: Multiarch capable toolchain as release goal

Hi,

I would like to suggest a new release goal and hope that some DDs will
advocate it. This one is actualy quite trivial but some convincing
seems to be neccessary to get it done:

# Multiarch capable toolchain
   include files in the multiarch locations.
  Bug-Url: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=369064
  State: All done except for binutils. Patch exists.

The toolchain support is needed so multiarch packages can be installed
on a uniarch systems (what we now have) and people can still compile
stuff.

We are so near to having a multiarch capable toolchain and the only
thing standing in the way of multiarch is ld not looking in all the
directories. Having this in Lenny would mean that future multiarch
packages could be used on / backported to Lenny without having to
revert the multiarch paths. We already have all the runtime support in
place and ld really is the last thing standing in the way.

It would be such a shame to waste another release cycle before we can
actualy start creating multiarch packages because of one lousy patch
not getting applied. So please do voice your support.

MfG
        Goswin