Re: help required regarding bug - #436681

hi,

>                                                    "Debian Bug report logs - #436681
>                                             backuppc: Web interface password publicly visible "
>                    link http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=436681

If you give the page a close look you can see, that the bug was closed
last year, so you should probably choose another bug to fix.

To fix a current bug, you should install Debian testing (called Lenny,
as it is the upcoming Dbeian release) instead of the stable version
(Etch). Then the best (for Debian) would be if you have a look at the
release critical bugs, and bugs which are marked as a release goal, as
they're most important to be fixed.

So have a look at
http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=any&sortby=packages&ignhinted=on&ignclaimed=on&ignpending=on&ignpatch=on&ignmerged=on&igncontrib=on&ignnonfree=on&ignbritney=on&ignotherfixed=on&ipv6=on&new=7&refresh=1800
which should give you a nice list of bugs to work on.

Interesting to read for you is probably
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ which gives a nice overview about
the packaging and files in the debian directory. Chances are good that
you'll have to work on them.

If you've prepared a patch/fix for a bug, just let me know and I'll
review and upload it.

Best regards,

Bernd