Re: Proposing a new source control header to link to upstream BTSs

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

>   4. Send email to control@bugs.debian.org marking the bug as forwarded.
>   5. Wait for response (seems to take ages), fix any errors that
>      occurred, go back to step 4.
>
> Generally, I always seem to find new and exciting ways of stuffing up
> step 4 (e.g. linking to wrong sourceforge bug, using "forward" instead
> of "forwarded", sending mail to control@debian.org.au, etc), which just
> prolongs the entire task and makes it more tedious.

I could never figure out why people used the bts command from devscripts
until one day it dawned on me that it prevents many of those problems by
syntax-checking your commands for you and always sending mail to the right
address.  Then I started using it religiously.