Proposing a new source control header to link to upstream BTSs

Dear -devel:

Following the trend to add metadata to the debian/control file that
allows for the creation of new and powerful tools, I thought about the
usefulness of a header that'd allow to automatically relate to
upstream bug trackers.

It could be used to automatically forward bugs, track which bugs are
open that we don't know about today, and simply to avoid the need to
look up manually where should one submit a bug.

So, my proposal would be to add two headers that are better explained
by an example:

Upstream-Bug-Browser: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=WWW-Curl
Upstream-Bug-Submitter: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Report.html?Queue=WWW-Curl

This could easily support systems where submission is by email. And if
there's no bug tracking system, the upstream maintainer email could be
used, without adding the -Browser header.

What do you think of this?

--
Martín Ferrari